SONIXX is described as a range of specialist acoustic solutions that significantly reduce sound transmission and have the durability and resilience to remain in situ for decades. Says Interfloor: ‘The Sonixx range of products gives specifiers high performing acoustic solutions that incorporate noise reduction directly into the floor at construction stage. Manufactured for comfort and long-lasting results, every product is backed by at least a 10-year guarantee.’
Interfloor provided the following information:
Airborne sound can be a constant problem; whether it’s children learning to play drums in their upstairs bedrooms or noisy neighbours, noise emanating from one room into another can completely disrupt the peace and quiet.
The solution involves adding mass into the structure and providing isolation between the floors and walls to help reduce the transmission of airborne sound.
An acoustic resilient layer that isolates the floor screed from the main structure, or a floating acoustic cradle and batten system are the ideal solutions to deliver high levels of sound insulation, helping to exceed the performance standards required in the UK Building Regulations.
Impact noise can be a major problem in areas where hard flooring has been installed, and with the current trend towards this type of floor in domestic and commercial settings, there are now specialist acoustic underlays available for use with wood, laminate, and luxury vinyl tiles (LVT).
Tests have shown acoustic performance is compromised if inferior or lightweight underlays are used with hard flooring. Installing an air filled, cellular product under wood or laminate can create echo chambers and increase noise.
Resilient 250, with its superior density, is a high-performing acoustic resilient layer that’s been designed to significantly reduce impact sound transmission through the floor. It can be used as a soft floorcovering or as an acoustic underlayment.
Resilient 250 is quick and easy to work with and can be used with a wide range of floor coverings, providing exceptional acoustic performance to the finished installation. Being manufactured from sponge rubber, it provides long-lasting durability and strong resistance to foot traffic, prior to the floorcovering being installed.
Resilient 250 exceeds the requirements for a Soft Floor Covering in Approved Document E (England & Wales), Technical Booklet G (Northern Ireland) and Section 5 of the Building Standards in Scotland.
- Impact sound reduction: 19dB
- Reaction to fire classification: Bfl-S1
- Low tog rating: 0.23 Togs
- Exceptionally fitter friendly
- Suitable for various floor finishes
Soundsure 400 is an acoustic resilient layer that has been designed predominantly for laminates, wood flooring and carpet tiles, delivering premium impact sound reduction.
As it’s manufactured from recycled rubber crumb, Soundsure 400 isn’t only extremely environmentally friendly, but also provides long-lasting durability and high levels of acoustic performance.
- Impact sound reduction: 24dB
- Ideal for use below laminate, engineered wood and carpet tiles
- Manufactured using recycled rubber crumb and fully recyclable
- Recycled rubber crumb ensures long-lasting acoustic performance
- Rubber crumb provides superb stability and durability
Soundsure 560 is an acoustic resilient layer that’s been designed to isolate floor screeds from the main structure of the building, delivering superior impact and airborne sound performance.
Soundsure 560 is a cost-effective solution for use below all types of floor screeds, where Pre-Completion Testing is preferred to that of Robust Details. It’s therefore ideal for use in apartments, hotels, schools and education projects, commercial developments, and care-homes.
As it’s manufactured from recycled rubber crumb, Soundsure 560 isn’t only extremely environmentally friendly, but also provides long-lasting durability and high levels of acoustic performance.
- Impact sound reduction: 24dB (below sand/cement screed)
- Exceeds the sound insulation performance standards required in the UK Building Regulations
- Can be used as an alternative to Robust Details
- Manufactured using recycled rubber crumb
- Quick and easy to install without the need for perimeter edge strips
- Rubber Crumb Cradles for raised acoustic and sports flooring, and external decking applications.
The Sonixx Rubber Crumb Cradles are adaptive, eco-friendly, and used extensively in newbuild, refurbishment and conversion projects. This versatile system provides quick and precise onsite levelling to achieve a wide range of finished floor heights, internally and externally. Increased floor heights can be achieved with the use of base packers, installed below the cradles.
The Sonixx Cradle and Batten System is designed as a raised floor, which can house underfloor heating and other services, or as a high performance acoustic and sports floor. The cradles facilitate fast and easy levelling of uneven subfloors onsite with the use of cradle packers and base packers.
Sonixx cradles offer rapid installation and exceptional, long-lasting performance.
Manufactured using recycled rubber crumb, these cradles and base packers can be overlaid with chipboard, plywood, cement particle board or hardwood to produce premier acoustic and sports floors, which can accommodate a diverse range of floorcoverings.
- Impact sound reduction: 28dB
- Manufactured using recycled rubber crumb, providing long-lasting levels of performance
- Exceeds the performance standards required in the UK Building Regulations for airborne and impact sound insulation
- Dry and lightweight solution – eliminates wet trades, helping to streamline programming and onsite processes, as well as reducing structural loadings
- Accommodates underfloor heating systems, services, and insulation
- Can be easily levelled to an SR1 finish using the cradle packers
- Complies with Robust Detail FFT2
- Suitable for use with external decking
Can also be used on balconies (as cradles are loose-laid and won’t damage the subfloor). Quick, simple, and cost effective to install and backed by a 60-year guarantee.
Paul Robson: 07919 881945