The 2022 edition of the Contract Flooring Industry Training Guide is now available! Containing everything the industry needs to know about training, the Guide provides a full and comprehensive reference point for employers with training needs, covering all areas within the flooring sector.
It is available to download at: www.cfa.org.uk/userfiles/files/Training Guide 2022.pdf
The content covers core training areas such as floorlaying apprenticeships, funding and how to access it, and assistance with recruitment. It also covers Government and industry initiatives such as Go Construct and Talentview Construction and the Construction Talent Retention Scheme, explaining how these link with the training activities of training providers and are relevant to the industry.
A major achievement referenced in this year’s Guide is that the Flooring Industry Training Association (FITA) has become a provider offering the Apprenticeship Standard. In partnership with Webs Training, an external training provider, apprenticeships from the CFA have now become a reality. Formal delivery began in May 2021.
Specific and relevant information for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is provided in the Guide. There is information on NVQs for experienced workers and how to access them, as well as a comprehensive list of 1 – 4 day courses offered by FITA for both the commercial and domestic markets.
The Training Guide is a great source of a wide range of training related information including the following topics:
- Accessing additional training provided by manufacturers – over 60 specialist training courses covered, including contact information.
- Accessing funding for training, provided by manufacturers, Government and CITB.
- Free training opportunities.
- Contact details for all the key businesses and organisations involved in training, who offer the right qualifications for the flooring industry, including NVQs.
- Detailed explanation on the application process for a CSCS card.
- Information about the FITA Training Centre.
- Discounts on training available to CFA members.
- Much, much more!